Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today was day 2 in the pool and Bobby did amazing! Yay!! For those of you who don't know, Bobby has hated the water from the moment he came home from the NICU. Bath time in our house is a dreaded event. Bobby refuses to sit while in the tub, screams bloody murder and hangs over the side with a kungfu grip. We tried taking him to an indoor pool a month or so ago and he screamed the entire time. All the while digging his nails so deep into my skin that he actually drew blood. Obviously, a joyous occasion for all involved.

My best friend Brandy (who is my next door neighbor - it's fantastic!) and I really wanted to lay out and get some sun this summer. Since we needed Bobby to spend time in the pool as well, we decided to go buy a very large inflatable pool. We put Bobby in for the first time yesterday and at first he screamed but, we kept at it. Every few minutes we would put him deeper into the water. By the time we got out, he was splashing everywhere. I thought that maybe yesterday was just a fluke. I was wrong! He did great again today! He didn't even want to hold onto me. Yay Bobby! Here's to hoping this sticks.




Bobby and I recently returned from a 2 and a half week visit to Ohio to visit my family. It was a much needed break from the normal routine. Sadly, Stephen was unable to join us because the Colonial Country Club PGA Golf Tournament was going on while we were gone. That is his busiest time of the year. We missed having him there to join in all the fun.

It was so wonderful to spend time with my parents & sister. Chagrin Falls has a festival every year over Memorial Day weekend. For those who aren't familiar with Blossom - well, it is a very big deal! Parties galore, the festival itself, and of course the parade. It is so much fun. We had a blast partaking in all the events. I think Bobby's favorite was watching the hot balloon race. They had an Energizer Bunny balloon. It was HUGE. He thought it was pretty cool. They gave away foam bunny ears to the kids - you'll see them in a few pictures. Bobby fell madly in love with my family's dog, Nola. Bobby decided Nola was not her name - Nola was Lilo throughout our trip. He enjoyed spending mornings with his Nona (my mom), Papa & of course his Auntie Annie. We drank wine, grilled out, and laughed. We laughed A LOT!!! Ahhh, to be back.

Towards the end of our trip was the big event we came for.....Annie Gabe graduated from Chagrin Falls High School, with Honors! I managed to hold it together during the graduation ceremonies but, the night before at the Baccalaureate ceremony, the tears fell. Annie was asked to speak at the Baccalaureate and listening to her filled my heart with such joy. My little sister who used to follow me everywhere and always wanted to be with her Katie, graduated. I was suddenly overwhelmed with emotion not only over Annie's accomplishment but, the fear that if I blink too long I will be sitting at Bobby's graduation. I felt what my parents felt with me and were feeling for my sister. I now really knew why mom's tears fell. Parenthood is such a gift - most of the time. :)

We had a great time and miss them terribly! Ho
pe this post finds you all well. Here are a few pics from the trip. Enjoy!

XOXO -Kate






No comments:

Post a Comment