Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's been WAY too long

So, it's been way too long since I last posted......have had a lot going on. Weddings, baby showers, and just trying to maintain sanity here at home.

Bobby is just adorable. He is growing like a weed. He is at that age where he is constantly doing new things. He can be adorable one second and then literally two seconds later he's being a holy terror. Regardless of the tantrums, he is so much fun to be with. I love that I have the ability to stay home with him.....he is such a joy!


My little sister is not so little anymore. Annie leaves for college tomorrow. I still can not believe time has gone by so quickly. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was in middle school & Annie wanted to follow me everywhere. (Middle School was definitely when I went through a nasty, mean, bitter phase - my parents and sister can attest to that!) Everyone said that we wouldn't be close until we were both much older because we were 10 years apart. Annie is without a doubt my best friend........although 10 years may separate us in age, we couldn't be closer. I'm so heartbroken that I can't be there to help her move into her dorm room....
It all goes by far too quick. I'm so proud of you Annie!


This year is my 10 year high school reunion. I was 95% sure I was going to go to reunion at the high school I graduated from.........but, lately I'm not so sure. I always thought I'd go to the Pius reunion.....but, as time has passed I have realized that I'm not too sure where I fit. I spent freshman and sophomore years at Bishop O'Connell - 2 absolutely wonderful years of my life. I was so happy there. I have some memories with people there that I think of quite often. Then, before my junior year, we moved to Atlanta. That was a very hard move. I was so happy in Virginia......coming into a school where most of the students had at least been together since freshman year (and many of them had been together since elelmentary school) was difficult. After I adjusted, I made some unbelievable friends. One friend in particular who I talk to at least 2 times a week. Some of these friends I was sure I would continue to have in my life.
While in college my dad got transfered again. This time to Fort Worth, Texas. This proved very hard for me. All of my friends I had graduated with would go home (to Atlanta) for the holidays and be able to see one another. Obviously, that was not an option for me. I'm only bringing this up because somewhere in there I lost touch with most of those people that I thought would always be in my life. I'm not sure if it was because we didn't get to see one another or that our relationships just weren't as strong as I had once thought. As someone who moved a lot, I certianly know how easy it is to loose touch with one another - I'm definitelyguilty of not always working hard to stay in touch.


I'm saying all this because I don't know which reunion to go to..........I have a few very close friends from both O'Connell & Pius that I have kept in touch with and have worked to keep in touch with me. I just don't know......sometimes I think, who really cares what I've been doing for the last 10 years? The ones that obviously do have kept in contact.......does anyone else understand my dilemma?


Was that a completely ridiculous little rant? Am I the only one who frets over this whole reunion thing? Ugh, I don't know.


On a completely other note, I am so greatful for facebook. As I have obviously stated, I moved a lot. I tried pretty hard to keep in touch with friends but, life happens. I have been able to get back in touch with people that meant so much to me and have wondered about on numerous occasions. I have been able to get back in touch with some wonderful people - friends from Evanston that I hadn't seen since 1992/1993! People I went to middle school with.........people from O'Connell...the list goes on and on. It really is nice to reconnect with long lost friends.

This sure has been a sappy entry. I promise the next one will be much more upbeat and maybe I'll even have a reunion answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment