At 11:30 pm I was being prepped for an Emergency C-Section.........I was about to deliver our son only he was joining us much earlier than we had hoped - 27 weeks gestation.
It brought chills to my body. Whenever I look at Bobby, I realize JUST how lucky we are that he is here. He's here and doing so well! Last night however I became much more emotional than normal. I was overcome with joy. Joy that not only were we celebrating our wonderful son's birthday but I was there to experience it.

I remember seeing my son for the first time and being COMPLETELY overwhelmed. He was so tiny, his skin was nearly see through, he still had his soft, fuzzy coat of hair (lanugo, I learned it was called), his eyes appeared to be unable to open.........but, what was the most alarming to me was his incredibly rapid breathing. He was working so hard to take what we know as a simple breath. It was pretty intense. Much more intense than I had imagined.
Then I thought of the strength our son had, the AMAZING Nurses at Cook Children's that cared for him, the wonderful Doctors at Cook's that treated him, the unimaginable love that family, friends and of course Stephen & I had for him.......

We believe that it was the power of prayer that gave our son his strength and fight to be here today. God blessed us in ways we never knew possible. He gave us our son. God had a lot of help - our friends and families.
So, as I began to drift off I thanked God for all of you - all of our friends and families that said one prayer, daily prayers, sent wonderful thoughts our
way, etc. We thank each one of you for those prayers. We had the most beautiful birthday with Bobby yesterday because of you and those prayers you said - God answered them....
That blessing is tucked into bed in the next room and is the joy of our life.


sweet pictures of little bobby!!!
ReplyDelete